Pages

Friday 5 April 2013

Homemade Steak Sauce

I had a request for this recipe last night so I thought I would post it in case anyone else was looking for a super-fast steak sauce they can make at home. It is extraordinarily pungent, so you will want to open a window or use the fan. Or both. Oh yes.

I tried to make it look yummy, but...it's steak sauce

You will need:

1 c balsamic vinegar (don't use your expensive salad-dressing one)
1/2 c malt vinegar
1/3 c Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt

One of the few applications I have found for an adjustable tsp / Tbsp measure

Boil the balsamic vinegar in a large wide pan for 2-3 minutes, until reduced by half.

Befooooore

In half!

You may just want to time it, as the pan being so wide can make it difficult to tell reduction. Anyway, after it has reduced, add in the rest of the ingredients and continue boiling while stirring for a minute or two more. You should end up with a yield of around a cup.

Like zo!
Here are some more useful pictures of black (amazing tasting) goo:

Dip in me!

Or I will spread on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment