Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter "Fudge"

I have to use quotation marks so that the fudge lobby doesn't lose their shite; technically fudge is a very specifically made dish involving temperature management and crystallization and all of that. This is chocolate and peanut butter in a creamy square! Yay!



You will need:

8 oz semisweet chocolate (I use Chipits)*
2 oz unsweetened chocolate *
8 oz peanut butter (not natural)
1 can condensed milk (not evaporated)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Pinch salt


r
Of course I weigh it!

*Chocolate notes: you can use whatever you like, but if you are going to use semisweet chocolate chips, I recommend Chipits. They are the only brand I have found that melts evenly and doesn't try to hold it's shape.  Seriously, I have a 10 lb box of another brand and I won't use them because they melt funny. Also, unsweetened and dark are not the same thing. If you want to use dark chocolate in this recipe, switch out some of the semisweet. Last note: I don't use milk chocolate hardly ever, but if you like something crazy sweet, fill your boots!

Line an 8 x 8 pan with foil and grease.



Melt the chocolates, peanut butter and condensed milk at a very low heat.

Stirring to break up those blocks of unsweetened chocolate

Equipment note: I have lost many a spatula edge to condensed milk cans; this is the absolutely perfect tool to get all that sweet sweet goodness out:

Small spoon spatula

Not great for a lot of other things, amazing for condensed milk cans

When all is melted together, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.


This would be a really good time to add in a cup of peanuts, if you have some. All I have is honey-roasted right now and I think the crunchy covering might detract from the simple peanut flavour I am looking for.

Anyway, this mixture will be like a large cohesive chocolately lump right now, pour it into the prepared pan and smooth the top.

Ready for fridge!


Refrigerate for a few hours until hard, flip oot onto a cutting board.




You can cut to whatever size you like, but I like the 64 piece configuration. Like zo:

Into 4

Then 8's

Then 16

32's

64!
I like that method because you only have to eyeball each piece into halves.

Neeeeeeaaaar...

Far!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment