Pages

Friday 23 August 2013

Turkey Burgers

I've been craving turkey burgers all week; and since I just happen to have half a pound of the ground big bird, I am going for it. Simplest recipe ever! 3 ingredients! Use whatcha got. I am making 2, double it for four and on and on.



I used:

1/2 pound ground extra-lean turkey
3 large stuffed olives (mine have garlic and jalapenos because I like to be stinky AND uncomfortable whilst pooping)
1 oz goat cheese (I bet feta would be amazing)



Chop your olives, warm your grill. That's it for prep. Spray your grill with oil, so that's like another half a step. Throw all three ingredients in a bowl, mix together and form two patties.




Place on grill over medium-ish heat, cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping after about 10.


 
 Note: I am not a burger presser. I know people that are (some of my best friends!) so no judgement, but I like to keep all the juices inside the burger, as then they have a better chance of getting in my belly.



You can tell they are done when their juices run clear when you press (gently!) on them. A thermometer would help if you really want to get technical.

These babies came in at 165 calories each, add a bun, some salad and there we are, another meal under 500 calories. We totally rock.





Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Took the comment about the number of ingredients to heart, I see. Hmm, olives are a new twist. I'll have to give these a try sometime also.

    ReplyDelete